Saturday, August 13, 2016

Reviews for PAYNE by Kim Linwood



Payne: A Bad Boy Romance
by Kim Linwood

Add to Goodreads

★ SYNOPSIS ★

Tall: check. Brooding: check. Ex-SEAL: check. 

Rude, suspicious, still annoyingly sexy: check check check. 

If he were a romance hero, he'd be perfect, but as a neighbor, I have to say I'm not impressed. 

The department relies on me to keep Alderman Trabucco safe until the election, and as a rookie police officer, I can’t afford to screw this up. Especially not by being too distracted by Jerkface McSexypants upstairs. 

Except he’s there every time I turn around, and my instincts scream that he's not who he seems. Of course, my instincts also seem to think clothing is optional when we're together, so I'm not sure what to believe. 

All I ever wanted in life was to make a difference in people's lives. Now the good guys are out to kill me, and a killer might be my best chance at staying alive. 


Payne will do anything to keep me safe, but who's going to keep me safe?

★ PURCHASE ★

Amazon US / Amazon UK


★ LORI'S REVIEW ★

This was an enjoyable read about Payne – a sexy ex-SEAL, and Nora – the tiny, tough-as-nails “pocket” cop. He is her upstairs neighbor and he annoys her without even trying. The banter between these two was very entertaining and I found myself smiling throughout. I love my alpha males, and Payne definitely fit the bill.


Along with the humor, this story kept me on my toes. Not only is it fun, but it’s full of suspense, and held my interest until the very end. This is my first book by this author and I will definitely read more from her.



 RACHEL'S REVIEW 

I thoroughly enjoy a good romance novel.  The build up, the tension, the heat and the steam.  But this one?  With the added bonus of the AMAZING suspense and action-packed drama??

Loved it.

I loved the cocky, bad boy attitude of Payne.  He's like a hungry wolf, and poor, unsuspecting Nora is the meek little lamb he's about to devour.  Except, that doesn't happen.  What turned out as the perfect scenario to use his trusty cop neighbor soon becomes more as Nora begins to get under his skin.  Soon, everything Payne has worked and lived for becomes blurred, and he begins to question his life.

The action sequence at the end of this book totally sealed the deal for me.  The author did an amazing job of capturing details for it to play out perfectly in the reader's mind.

5 Hearts!



★ ABOUT THE AUTHOR ★

Kim Linwood is a sucker for bad boys, billionaires and alpha males. If they're all three at once, that's even better. When she's not writing about romantic conflicts and witty dialogue, she's herding two growing boys (who are of course not bad) with her husband.

Find out more about Kim's books and sign up for Kim's Newsletter at http://kimlinwood.com/newsletter!

★ CONNECT WITH THE AUTHOR ★


No comments:

Post a Comment