Wednesday, March 18, 2015

**Review - Cement Heart by Beth Ehemann**

 
Cement Heart
by Beth Ehemann
 
Synopsis:
Lawrence Finkle, known simply to his die-hard Minnesota Wild fans as Viper, isn’t used to hearing the word no. He lives his whole life just a little on the reckless side. After all, life is just one big game, right?

Wrong.

When what was supposed to be an innocent bet goes horribly wrong, he’s left to deal with the aftermath—and the guilt. In an effort to make things right the best way he can, he ends up falling for the one person on the planet he never should have.

The old saying goes that two wrongs don’t make a right . . . or do they?
 
************************************
PURCHASE LINKS
 
 
************************************
* REVIEW *
 
I'm not sure where to start with this book.  Could it be the amazing writing?  Could it be the way my heart broke into a thousand pieces? Or the way the author managed to pick up every last one of those pieces and glue them back together with her amazing story?
 
Actually - I think it was all of the above.
 
Sometimes, the 'Book Gods' smile in my favor, and finding Beth Ehemann was one of those times.  I stumbled upon her Cranberry Inn series on a whim.  A random find where I was between books, read the synopsis and thought "what the hell?"  And in that weekend, I finished all three books.
 
Cement Heart is a spin off from that amazing series.  An added bonus, if you will.  After seeing snippets of Viper in the previous books, I thought I had his story figured out after the first chapter of Cement Heart.
 
And then....BAM.  The author takes it to a whole new level.  The hardest part of writing any review is not giving away too much of the story.  So all I will say is - this book is definitely in my top ten of BEST EVER.  I loved the story.  I loved the writing.  I loved the steady build up as heartbreak turns into anticipation and longing for... more.  
 
I typically roll my eyes when any review says they'd give a book more than 5 stars (or hearts, in our case).  But I really wish I had a button to click and choose 6 hearts for this book. 
 
You don't HAVE to read the Cranberry Inn Series before you dive into Cement Heart - but I suggest it.  They are equally great books, and I think it will make you fall even more in love with Viper and his Cement Heart.
 
 
****************************************
 
About Beth Ehemann:
 
Beth Ehemann lives in the northern suburbs of Chicago with her husband and four children. When she's not sitting in front of her computer writing, or on Pinterest, she loves reading, photography, martinis and all things Chicago Cubs.
 
If you feel like stalking a bit:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment