Monday, March 31, 2014

**Review** FIVE MILES (Gypsy Brothers, #3) by Lili St. Germain




SYNOPSIS

My father taught me the importance of an eye for an eye—a cardinal rule, ingrained in every club member.

A life for a life.

Seven lives in payment for an unimaginable list of sins.

People might wonder why I’m doing this. If this vengeance is borne from some noble cause. If I’m trying to prevent others from suffering at the hands of Dornan Ross and his sons.

But I’m no selfless vigilante.

I’m doing this for me. I’m doing it because I want to.

I’m doing this because I just want to be able to sleep at night without seeing their faces.

This is the fate they have earned. The penance for their crimes.
Time to send some of these brothers off with a bang.

Add to Goodreads HERE

*************************************************************

★★ MY REVIEW ★★

OMG. This book…this series! I believe in my review for Six Brothers (book #2) I stated, “I have a good feeling that this series will just keep getting better and better with each installment.” I was exactly right. 

More action, more tension, more vengeance, more nail-biting, and lots more of Sammi pushing her luck and almost getting caught. 

“Nobody sticks around a man like my father unless they've got something to gain,” he says, his voice deathly calm. “What are you after? Money? Information? Are you spying on us? Because I’ll tell you now, nobody has ever bested him. He’s Dornan f**king Ross, Samantha.”

Dornan is still… Dornan – the biggest ‘omgIhatehimsobadIwishhewouldhurryup&die’ prick – so degrading, so hateful, so deserving of what’s coming to him. Thank goodness we get the loveable characters like Elliot… *sigh* who gets sexier with every book, and also Jase… *big sigh*. He’s a little tougher in this one and not-so-nice to Sammi. Is it because of suspicion? Jealousy? You can’t help but fall a little more in love with him after this book.

And the ending… wow – so bittersweet. Bitter because I have to wait until the next book to see how it plays out. And yet sweet because I was relieved and saying ‘finally!’ But wait, is what happened a good thing? Will things work out the way Sammi wants them to? Gah! We have to wait until May to find out. 

I am addicted to this series and I cannot wait to get my next fix. This is another beautifully written installment for this amazing series. Five Miles gets 5 awesome, nail-biting hearts from me. Bravo Ms. Germain!


BUY THE BOOK


*********************************************************************

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Lili writes dark erotica and NA. Her debut serial novel, Seven Sons, is due to be released in early 2014, with the following books in the series to be released in quick succession. Lili quit corporate life to focus on writing and so far is loving every minute of it. Her other loves in life include her gorgeous husband, good coffee, hanging at the beach and running. She loves to read almost as much as she loves to write.

Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter


***************************************************************

Seven Sons (Book #1)





Six Brothers (Book #2)






No comments:

Post a Comment