Wednesday, January 1, 2014

**Review** PIECES FOR YOU by Genna Rulon



18460174



Pieces For You (For You #2)
Contemporary Romance


Synopsis:

"The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise.” -Miguel de Cervantes

Samantha Whitney survived unimaginable tragedy only to discover she had been betrayed by a man who claimed to love her. Shattered, Sam spends months at a safe haven trying to piece herself back together. Ready or not, the time has come for her to return home.

As Sam struggles to resume a life that no longer feels familiar, she finds unwavering support in an unexpected, familiar face. Confronting Sam’s raw emotions and open wounds head-on, Griffin manages to take two steps forward for every step she retreats. 

But when Sam is once again threatened, Griffin must decide how far he is willing to go to protect the woman he wants…knowing the cost of her safety is the risk of losing her.

Pieces For You is a captivating journey of survival, healing, and sacrifice—teeming with honesty, humor, unexpected twists, and love’s unsurpassed endurance. 

• This story is appropriate for readers 18+
• Though Only For You is a part of the For You Series, the book can be read as a stand-alone.




REVIEW:


I thoroughly enjoyed this book!  It fulfilled my expectations, and then some.  I was so looking forward to Sam & Griffin’s story after reading Genna’s first book, Only For You (For You #1).  It is not necessary that you read that one before Pieces For You, but, in my opinion, I think you should for two reasons:  1)  It’s REALLY good!  and 2) you get a little more background on the characters.  It will make Pieces For You much more meaningful & powerful.

PFY is filled with amazing, well-developed characters, even secondary ones, that stay with you long after you’re done reading.  The characters were so likable.  Genna even made the therapist cool.  She was a big smart ass and didn’t take Sam’s shit, but very cool nonetheless.  As I was reading, I felt like I knew each character personally.  The ability to make you fall in love with the characters is pure genius.  I just wanted to crawl inside the pages and be there with them.

I love the fact that Hunter & Ev (main characters from book #1) play a huge part in this book.  And I’m so very glad because I wasn’t quite ready to let them go.  I think I fell even more in love with them.  Sam gave them the nickname of Huntleigh – perfect. 

Sam – sassy, strong, awesome best-friend material (can I have her?), loyal, been through some serious, traumatic struggles and yet, still friggin hilarious.

“That’s right, bitches…I can do this.  You don’t control me – I’m in charge here. I snuggled under my comforter and identified the unfamiliar feeling bubbling within me – hope.”  

" Beyond my control, my tongue darted out of my mouth and covertly tasted the section of chest exposed above his tank. Oh god, he tasted even better than he smelled, like a chocolate-covered pretzel -- sweet, salty, and addictive.”


Griffin – beautiful, great sense of humor, selfless, sexy as hell, strong, loving, protector, will do anything for Sam, romantic, hot, impossible not to fall in love with, sexy as hell, ripped like a mo-fo, charming, and before I forget to mention... sexy as hell.

 “…you deserve so much better than me, but no one will ever care for you the way I do.  There is nothing I wouldn’t do for you.”

" I will never hurt you. I would give anything to take away the pain you've suffered, but that's impossible. I don't expect your unconditional trust; I'll earn that over time. Once you're comfortable enough to drop your guard with me, you can relax and enjoy life for a little while, knowing you are protected." 


This book has it all - romance, drama, just the right amount of humor, moments where you'll need a tissue, suspense, and yes, steamy love scenes!  You get an assortment of emotions in this book.  I love to FEEL the emotions that the characters are feeling when I read.  With this book, I got exactly that.  I felt their pain, I felt their happiness, I was pissed when they were pissed.

I’m pretty sure I was a fan after her first book, but this one sealed the deal.   It’s beautifully written, flows smoothly, everything is so realistic and makes sense.  I am a big fan of this author and would probably read anything she wrote.  Great job yet again, Genna!

Pieces For You gets FIVE freakin' fabulous hearts from me! 




Buy the Book:
















Excerpt

He smelled so damn good, clean with a hint of masculine sweat, a temptation I couldn’t resist.  Beyond my control, my tongue darted out of my mouth and covertly tasted the section of chest exposed above his tank.  Oh God, he tasted even better than he smelled, like a chocolate-covered pretzel—sweet, salty, and addictive.

“Did you just…lick me?” he asked, sounding both shocked and amused.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“You licked me.  I felt it,” he accused, but I noticed he wasn’t complaining.

“Your imagination is running wild because of all the workout endorphins.”

“It wasn’t a complaint.  In fact, you’re welcome to have another taste.”

“Fine…I licked you.  But it was an involuntary reflex—hot guy, exposed chest…you know how it is.”

“Mmm,” he replied, his eyes darkening with lust.  “I am familiar with the temptation, but it’s not a hot guy who’s testing my self-control…it’s a petite, auburn-haired vixen.”









             



Author Bio:




Genna Rulon is an up-and-coming contemporary romance author who loves nothing more than a good love story. 

During her 15 years in the corporate world, Genna, inspired by her love of reading, fantasized about penning her own stories.  Encouraged by her favorite authors, many of whom are indie writers and self-published, she committed to pursue her aspirations of writing her own novels.

Genna was raised on Long Island in New York, where she still resides, surrounded by the most amazing family and friends.  Married to a wonderful man who patiently tolerates her ramblings about whichever book she is currently working on, even feigning interest relatively convincingly!  Genna is blessed with two little boys who do their best to thwart mommy's writing time with their hilarious antics and charming extrapolations.

All of Genna’s reviews are brought to you courtesy of copious amounts of coffee and Disney Junior (something has to entertain the boys when mommy is writing).

You can find Genna online at:   www.gennarulon.com
Be sure to join the mailing list for updates about future books, as well as giveaways, and other fun facts.

Genna would love to hear from you, and will personally respond to all messages! 

Contact the author:


Email:  genna@gennarulon.com

You can also follow Genna online at:




No comments:

Post a Comment