Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Review - Connected & Torn by Kim Karr



Connected (Connections, #1)
Torn (Connections, #2)


   17902302          17386062




I LOVE both of these books!  When Connected first came out, I had seen many blogs talking about it and giving rave reviews.  Although I purchased it soon after the release, I didn't read it right away – I’m sure it was because I have numerous books in my Kindle library that I was tending to.  One day I finally began reading it.  And man, oh man, once I started, I was sucked right in!  

I immediately felt a connection with the characters in these books.  The chemistry between Dahlia & River was electric – you could “feel” the sparks between them.  The love scenes were smokin’ hot!!  All of the characters were so well-written – made me want them as friends of my own.   I just wanted to crawl inside the book and hang out with them… especially River.  These characters stay with you, long after you’ve finished the book. 

River Wilde – Sexy, romantic, charming, impossible not to fall in love with, knows exactly how and when to say the right thing, he’s perfect, really.  *swoon*

“Ever since I met you, no one else has been worth thinking about.”

"Dahlia, I love everything about you.  I know in my heart you're my girl, so amazing, so fun, so beautiful."

Dahlia – beautiful, been through heart break – more than once – but was able to put herself back together and find love again.

“There is something beautiful about each and every scar we bear no matter where it comes from…”

Ben – handsome surfer dude, successful, confident – too confident, I hated him – yet I kinda liked him.  Xander – River's hot brother, wonderful secondary character that you can’t help but be drawn to and hope he gets his own book.  Oh wait, he does – yaaaay!

I devoured these stories.  It was hard for me to put them down because I had to know what was going to happen next.  I was in love with River & Dahlia’s story from the first moment they laid eyes on each other.  I could feel every emotion that they were feeling.  I love it when an author writes THAT well!  When I wasn't reading, I was constantly thinking about this story.  I couldn't wait to get back to it.  I would sneak-read at work, because it was killin' me to wait 8 hours to get back to my River!

I REALLY enjoy the author’s writing style.  It’s so easy to follow, it sucks you in, and doesn’t let you back out until you’re finished and thoroughly satisfied.  Any future Kim Karr books will be added to my list of “books that I will buy without even reading the synopsis” because I enjoy her writing that much.  She has the ability to put the reader inside the story.  I seriously felt as if I was sitting in the same room as the characters while I was reading.  Love that! 

I would ABSOLUTELY recommend both of these books!  I enjoyed them so much, that I will read them again.

I give both of these books 5 sexy, romantic hearts!  Cross my heart.  



      


No comments:

Post a Comment