Monday, November 11, 2013

Review - BABY GRAND by Dina Santorelli



15846961


Lori's Review



We are members of one of THEE coolest book clubs.  Ever.  Just thought you should know that.  ;)  Last month, one of our lovely bookies picked Baby Grand by Dina Santorelli.  I hadn't heard of this book, nor this author.  And all I can say is, I’m SO glad it was picked!  I had no idea what to expect – and was pleasantly surprised.  Ms. Santorelli has some new fans!

Baby Grand is an intense, suspenseful, nail-biter of a mystery that had me sucked in from the very beginning.   The author’s writing style makes her book easy to follow and makes you want to know what will happen next.  I found it very difficult to put down – serious page-turner!  Full of parallel stories that come together perfectly at the end. And one of the many things I loved about this book is that it was not predictable.

I felt the characters were well-developed, and the more I read, the more I wanted and needed to know about them.  I loved a few, despised a few, wanted to punch a few, and would love to slap one or two.  And there was one character in particular that I loved to hate...and hated to love. 

After I read the book, I sent Dina a message on Twitter saying that I enjoyed her book.  I also told her that it was our pick for book club and that we were meeting in a couple of days.  Much to my surprise and delight, she said she would be more than happy to Skype into our meeting if we wanted.  Um…yes please!  How cool is that?!  She answered all of our questions and explained to us why she wrote certain scenes the way she did.  That was our best meeting to date.  Thanks, Dina – you rock!

I will definitely be reading more from this author.   Looking forward to the sequel!

I highly recommend this book if you’re looking for a well-written, fast-paced mystery.  Baby Grand gets 5 suspenseful & thrilling hearts from me!



Micki's Review


The girls in my book club have a "not so nice" name for me. It refers to the possibility that I may be... for lack of a better word... ridged on the books that I will read. I know what I like and why would I change...my time is precious and why waste it reading stuff I don't like. But for the sake of not wanting to pay money every time I don't read an assigned book...(a rule made entirely to forcefully remove me from my comfort zone) I decided to give Baby Grand a try...Thank you Dina for proving me wrong!  This book took me completely by surprise. I was pulled in immediately and read until my eyes hurt!

 The suspense that was wrapped around the center story of this book, made your mind go to places that you never thought you would. It turned everything upside down! I loved the wrong people, was mad at the wrong time and just plain needed therapy after I was done reading. Seriously.. after I was done and could step away from the story... I actually thought "What is wrong with me?"  Dina's writing style is the right combo of detail and dialog and moves the story at a perfect pace.

I gave this book 5 heart-stopping hearts! Not only is Dina an amazing writer, but she is also awesome to her fans, and I am definitely one! I may have to venture away from my comfort zone if there are books out there like this... but now I will be looking for books the same quality as Baby Grand... and I am sure that will not be easy!




Amazon link:



Barnes & Noble link:  
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/baby-grand-dina-santorelli/1112293043?ean=2940015195613&itm=1&usri=baby+grand+by+dina+santorelli



1 comment:

  1. Ladies, I am so moved and thrilled by your amazing reviews and so glad you enjoyed BABY GRAND! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was an absolute pleasure for me to join your wonderful book club meeting via Skype. What a great group of women! Thank you for your support, and I look forward to seeing you all again soon!

    ReplyDelete