Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Review - Tasting Never by C. M. Stunich





**ADULT CONTENT**

I downloaded this book thinking it was going to be your typical broken boy meets broken girl..their eyes meet..they are pulled together by some sort of cosmic connection that neither of them could explain or want to deny... I WAS WRONG!

First of all, I want to say that there is nothing wrong with those types of books. I actually really like them and will stay up until ungodly hours of the night trying to get into the minds of those characters and feel what they are feeling.
This book was not like that.

In those other books, I spent hours of my time waiting for the next touch or kiss or more.
This book was not like that.

In those other books, I read until I got to the part where all the ugly falls away and beauty replaces the darkness that engulfed the characters before they found each other.
This book was not like that.

But what this book was... was real.

I did stay up all night reading this book, not because I had to "try" to feel what Never and Ty were feeling.. but because it bled off the pages and wouldn't release me. It twisted my gut and and made me uncomfortable...and I loved it. 

This book unwounded in a beautiful, dysfunctional display of  human nature. It asks the questions.. what would you do if you felt less than human in the eyes of the people who were supposed to love you the most. If you felt no one in the world would take your side,  how would you fill the void? How would you mend the broken pieces? It points out the obvious... that each of us are only one bad decision away from what we perceive to be "normal" life... and a place where darkness and despair could take us.

C.M. Stunich has written a story that cracks the comfortable parts of your mind and begs you to see things differently. It will push up against the walls of acceptable and stretch your ideas of why loving someone is wrong or right, acceptable or unacceptable, healing or damaging .. and really.. who are we to judge? Sometimes all that remains is the ugly, and that is beautiful..   ~M


No comments:

Post a Comment