Thursday, August 29, 2013

Review - The Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day



13572249      13596809     15731779




Did I enjoy the Crossfire Series?  Umm… let me think… HELL YES I DID!!  I loved, loved, loved this series!  I devoured these books, lost sleep over these books, forgot to eat because of these books, and forgot what housework was because of these books.  Sylvia Day is my new rock star.  I’m not proud to admit that these books were the first I’ve read of Sylvia’s work.  But… I AM very proud to say that I had the chance to meet her at the RT Convention back in May – what a beautiful woman!  She was so nice, down-to-earth, and I left there feeling like she truly cared about her readers.

This review will cover all three books in The Crossfire Series.  Because if I were to write a review for the first one, then the second and third would, more than likely, be identical because I loved them all equally – devoured them all equally – and obsessed over them all equally.


This series went above and beyond my expectations.  I had read a lot of reviews saying how wonderful it was, so I finally decided to read them and find out for myself.  Man, oh man, were those 5-star reviews right!!  All three books had been on my TBR for the longest time.  I’m still trying to figure out what took so long!


Gideon Cross – Mr. Dark & Dangerous.  I absolutely love this rich, sexy man.  I’m still suffering a book hangover because of him.  He has been added to my favorite book boyfriend list.  And he says he doesn't do romance – psssh.  Yeah, right… that man is full of romance… and passion... and sex… and stamina… and thoughtfulness… and tenderness… and (just the right amount of) roughness.  Eva Tramell – sassy tough girl who doesn't take shit from anyone, and yet, she’ll be a caring friend if you need one.  Of course, they both have their problems, their secrets, and their past that tries to keep them apart.  But they both know – they knew from the first time their eyes met – that they needed to be together.  The love they have for each other is just so… necessary.  And they both knew it.



“I’d rather argue with you, angel, than laugh with anyone else.”


Many, many parts of this series had me fanning myself to cool off and once I was cooled off, I re-read them again.  ;)  And I highlighted them just to be sure I could find them easily the next time.  Yeehaw!



“Romance isn’t in my repertoire, Eva.  But a thousand ways to make you come are.  Let me show you.”


Eloquent comes to mind when I describe Sylvia Day’s writing style – even the passionate, and sometimes naughty *gasp* sex scenes.  It is exactly the kind I enjoy reading.  The way she can make her characters come to life is a true talent.  I felt a connection with each and every one of them – even the secondary ones.  I cared about them, worried about them, got pissed off at them and even wanted to hang out with them.  This series is full of drama, angst, hot & steamy love scenes, and even humor.  It has a great storyline that sucks you in right away and it always keeps you guessing what will happen next.

If you enjoy reading well-written erotic romance, I highly recommend you read this series.  I will definitely be reading more of Sylvia’s books!


Each book in this series gets 5 delicious, sexy, ass-slappin’ hearts from me!  ~L


http://www.sylviaday.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment