Thursday, January 3, 2013

Review - The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski


This was one of my first reviews on Goodreads.




The Edge of Never


 


I think there should be some strict requirements to be able to read this book,
1. You have to understand that there will be a loss  of sleep and ability to function due to this book..I started it at 9pm and FORCED myself to stop reading at 3:30am.. I had to work the next day but seriously thought about calling in sick just to finish this book!

2. You have to be emotionally stable because I LOST it several times while being trapped in this story..yes tears, laughing, talking to my kindle, cursing the author(sorry J.A., nothing personal).. so take your meds, do some meditation or whatever you need to do to prepare..cuz it is so worth it!

3. You need to be just as prepared for the let down when this book is over because I went into serious mourning when I was finished with it. I am not a re-reader, it just isn't my thing, but I will have to read this book again because I can't find another one to start that I think will even come close to this one.


I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book because the author jumps right into the storyline and I am more of a "give me some background" kind of girl. Not tons of background, but at least give me a change to build a relationship and decided if I am going to love the characters or not..otherwise I feel cheated out of that.. getting to know who the characters are..stage. Probably some sort of trust issues that need to be dealt with but this is NOT that type of blog :)! Once I got over the initial shock of jumping right in, I realized this was a perfect way to introduce these two and as the story progresses and their lives are unfolding, I understood that neither one of these two really existed until they met and their relationship was all I really needed to know to fall head over heals in love. 
  This book lives up to all the great reviews it's getting! Thank you, J.A., for sharing this with the world!





No comments:

Post a Comment